We Are Hiring New and Experienced Real Estate Agents
Table of Contents
So you want to become a Real Estate Professional?
Starting your career in real estate is not as difficult as many think, especially when you start your career with Quantum of Arizona, REALTORS. One of the first steps is to decide….. decide to take control of your life and your profession. Real Estate is a very rewarding career and may be able to provide you with the flexibility you are looking for. So let’s go over a quick run down of what you should expect in beginning down the road to becoming a Real Estate Professional.
Qualifications – So do you have what it takes to qualify to move forward in your new career?
These are the Requirements to become an Arizona Real Estate Salesperson:
- Age Be at least 18 years of age when applying for a license
- Education – Complete 90 hours of “in classroom” Real Estate Salesperson prelicensing education at an approved Arizona real estate school and pass the examination at an ADRE approved real estate school, college or university. Online education is not approved for prelicensing education.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card Fingerprint Clearance Card is issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Disciplinary Actions Disclosure Form (LI214/ 244) Information and documentation relating to the applicant’s background must be provided upon application for license. Date of birth and Social Security Number are required.
- Criminal convictions and background disclosure on the Disciplinary Actions Disclosure Form (LI214/244), found at www.azre.gov or in the Candidate Handbook, must be completed by all applicants, and depending on disclosures made, additional documents and information may be required.
- The Department CANNOT issue a license to a person convicted of a felony who is incarcerated, paroled or under community supervision or on probation.
- The Department may not issue a license to a person who has been convicted of a felony, or convicted of a misdemeanor offense, such as (but not limited to) theft, forgery, extortion, conspiracy to defraud, violence against another person, or crimes of moral turpitude.
School – Education is the first step.
Education isn’t cheap so chose your school carefully, cheaper is not always better. You will want to team up with a school that have instructors that are or were preactioniers of the trade. You can begin by searching from the ADRE approved Arizona real estate school list. We highly recommend Arizona School of Real Estate and Business (many of us at Quantum studied there). You can read more about them online at http://www.asreb.com. Besides you will get much more from the material being able to ask questions and hear some real experiences. Each school should provide you with a copy of the Candidate Handbook, or if not you can also search for it here at www.azre.gov. The Candidate Handbook explains everything that will be required for you to obtain your license and the examination process.
Examinations – The Day of Reckoning
After completion of all required prelicensing courses and passing the school’s final examination the school will issue a Prelicensure Education Certificate. The state test will cost you about $75.00 to take. The state licensing test is conducted by a third party, Pearson Vue, they are an approved testing facility for the Arizona Department of Real Estate. Pearson Vue has multiple locations in the Valley so getting there is easy. You can also check out the Activating your Real Estate License Brochure for a quick reference of what is required. You can schedule your test online at http://www.pearsonvue.com/az/realestate/
You Passed!!! – What Now?
Well first off… congratulations! We are excited for you, but your schooling isn’t over yet. After passing the school exam and prior to being licensed, the Arizona Department of Real Estate requires each student to attend a 6 hour course in contracts called “Introduction to Contract Writing” or “Bootcamp.” This is one of the best classes as you will use this ever day in your business, so stay sharp you are almost there.
The Big Day – Getting your License
The following information will be required when applying for your license:
- Original Salesperson Application & Fee
- Prelicensure Education Certificate received from the school
- State Exam Score Report(s) from Pearson Vue
- Proof of Legal Presence
- Original Licensure Questionnaire – Form LI-214
- Arizona DPS Clearance Card (front & back copy)
- “Bootcamp” (Introduction to Contract Writing) completion certificate
- To obtain an active license you must also present a hiring form (LI-202 Salesperson/Associate Broker change form) provided by your broker.
- ADRE license fee is $50.00.
- Real Estate Recovery Fund is $10.00
License application takes place at:
The Arizona Department of Real Estate
Attn: Licensing & Professional Education
2910 N. 44th Street, Ste. 140
Phoenix, Arizona 85018
Getting Hired at Quantum of Arizona, REALTORS
We will help you through the entire process, just give the office a call at 623-476-5005.